Thursday, October 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge!! Oh yeah!

 
clip_image002
Mr. Wonderful brought me my favorite candy on earth, Peanut Butter Fudge. But only one piece!! How could he be so cruel to only bring one piece to his pregnant wife! Just Kidding. It was super sweet, but I wanted more. So, of course I had to make some! I have had this recipe for over a decade. I have no idea where I got it. But, it is good. Oh, so good. I have plans to make Fudge Pops with this recipe later. Oh yeah, fudge on a stick!!
What you need:
· ½ cup softened Butter (if your butter is cold, put it in the microwave for a few seconds)
· 2 ¼ cup Brown Sugar
· ½ cup Half and Half
· ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter (have this measured and ready to go)
· 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
· 3 ½ cup Powdered Sugar
 
Tools you need:
· 2 quart saucepan
· Mixing Bowl
· Mixer (stand or hand mixer is fine
· A 9 x 13 pan (Spray it with cooking spray). I use the Perfect Brownie Pan Set
.
 
Steps:
1) Melt butter over medium heat. I know I said to have already softened butter. Why? If you add cold butter to the pan to melt, the pan will be too hot when you add the other ingredients. Plus, some of your butter may burn by the time the whole ½ cup melts. Tip: USE REAL BUTTER!
2) Add Brown Sugar and Half & Half to pan. Stir to combine. This may take a minute or two.
3) Bring to a boil. Still stir to make sure nothing on the bottom is burning.
4) Allow to boil for two minutes. While you are waiting, add the powdered sugar to a heat proof mixing bowl.
5) Remove from heat and add Vanilla and Peanut Butter. Stir to combine. Be quick with this step.
6) Once combined, pour the cooked mixture into the mixing bowl with the Powdered Sugar. Use your mixer to combine until smooth.
7) Pour into a greased pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill until firm.
8) Cut and serve! Enjoy!!!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment