Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Caramallow Squares! Layers of Homemade Caramel and Marshmallow covered in Milk Chocolate!! Yummy!!
This recipe can be split into two different ones: Homemade Caramel and Homemade Marshmallow. But, when you put them together and cover them in chocolate, its pure heaven!
Thing you will need:
· Caramel from this recipe
· Marshmallow from this recipe
· 13 x 9 pan (and maybe an extra pan)
· Milk Chocolate Candy Melts
· Dipping tool or a fork
· Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Liner
or Wax paper
Step to make Caramallow Squares:
1) Follow this recipe for caramels and pour into a 13 x 9 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Allow to cool. I allowed it to cool while I made the Marshmallows.
2) Next, Make Marshmallows following this recipe. Pour on top of the caramel mixture. You may want the entire marshmallow on top or only half. I like only adding half. I put the rest of the marshmallow in another pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray and sprinkled with cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture (equal parts).
3) Allow the Caramel/Marshmallow mixture to set up for at least four hours.
4) Remove from pan (gently pull the sides away from the pan and then use a spatula to remove the whole piece at once).
5) Spray your knife with nonstick spray and cut into the sizes you want.
7) Place your Caramel/marshmallow square marshmallow side down in the chocolate. Use the fork to turn it over to cover that whole square. Then use the fork to lift the square up. Tap off the extra chocolate and slide onto a Silpat or wax paper.