Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Crunch Truffle Filling! So many candy options with this filling!!

I have a friend that is gluten intolerant and I wanted to make her a treat.  But what can I make???  Cookies, cupcakes and even rice cereal (this was before Rice Krispies came out with a gluten free version.) treats are out of the picture!  So, I thought of this mixture to be the filling for so many different treats!  And it is super easy too! 

What you will need:  2 ½ cups of Rice Chex cereal,  1 cup creamy peanut butter,  ½ cup powdered sugar and ¼ cup honey
First, you need 2 ½ cups of Rice Chex.  Turn it into the smallest crumb possible (I used a small food processor).  You should get a cup of crumbs.  (Like my chex equation?  Can you tell I’m a math teacher?!?)


Next, mix the crumbs with one cup of creamy peanut butter, ½ cup powdered sugar and ¼ cup honey.


The end result should hold together easily when you roll it into balls.   If it’s too soft to form into a ball, add up to ¼ cup more powdered sugar.


Look for my post on using this filling to make Jack O' Latern Truffle pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment