Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Easiest Pumpkin cookies ever!!! No eggs added!

These are the easiest cookies I have ever made! They are great for Fall. Plus, they are pretty low in calories and fat. So, I think that means you can eat a dozen and not feel guilty, right?!?

What you will need: A box of Spice Cake mix, one 15 oz can of Pumpkin Puree (not the pumpkin pie mix!) and one cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. That’s it! Now, I like things extra spicy, so I also add 1/8 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, a pinch of nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon.

I forgot the cinnamon in the picture!!

Steps to make them:

1)      Mix everything in a bowl.  Hard step!  I just dump it in and stir.  That’s it!

2)      Place small spoonfuls on a greased baking sheet.  I use a Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Liner, 11 5/8-Inch by 16 1/2-InchBaking Mats)
to make it easier.

 Tip: You don’t want big cookies.  If they are too large, the middle won’t cook and the outside will burn.  Keep them small. 

3)      With a little water on your fingers, press them down a bit.  The way they look going into the oven is the way they will look coming out.  Not much expanding.

Pan on the left is the small spoonfuls.  Pan on the right is the cookies after I pressed them down.

4)      Bake on 375 degrees for 10 minutes.  (If I use two pans, I switch them around half way through)
5)      Take them out of the oven and let them cool completely on the pan.  They will be a pain to remove from the pan unless they have cooled.  Once cool, they pop right off. 
6)      Enjoy your little bits of Fall!

1 comment:

  1. Totally. Making. This. Wow - so easy. Just those 3 things? I can do it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete