The other day I wanted to make some homemade peeps. I ran out of sanding sugar and didn’t want to run to the store. Pinterest to the rescue!!! I found out that I could make my own. I could make any color I wanted and the cost was just pennies! Here is how I did it:
What you will need:
· 2 cups of white sugar ( you can use any size granules you like)
· 15 – 20 drops of food coloring
· A mixer (you could use a fork, but I am too lazy for that!)
1) Put the sugar and the 15 – 20 drops of coloring in a bowl. The darker you want it, the more drops you need to add.
2) Using a mixer on medium-low speed, mix until the color is evenly distributed.
3) Put the sugar in a dish to dry out for a few hours before you put it away in a container.
That’s it! Why did I even buy colored sugar before???? Try it, you will love it!