The filling I used was Chocolate Ganache. Super easy and super delicious!
Recipe for Chocolate Ganache
- 12 ounces of milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1) In a 2 quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low to medium-low heat. Stir this constantly.
2) Once melted, remove from heat.
3) Add the cream and extract. Stir it until smooth. I use a whisk at this step.
4) Once it’s combined, pour into a container, cover and place in the refrigerator.
Once the Ganache is cool and about the consistency of soft play dough, roll the ganache into 1 inch balls. Place them in the fridge to keep firm.
What you need for Truffle Pops
· Chocolate Ganache balls
· Lollipop sticks
· 8-10 packs of pop rocks (use any flavor)
· 16 ounces of Milk Chocolate Candy Melts
1) Melt your chocolate following the instructions on the package or follow these steps.
2) Dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert it halfway into a ganache ball.
3) Roll each ball into pop rocks. Press the rocks into the ganache ball.
4) Dip the ganache balls (now rolled in pop rocks) into the melted chocolate. Tap off the excess chocolate.
5) While still wet, dip the top of the truffle pop into the pop rocks.
6) Allow to dry on your drying rack.
Serve these the day you make them or the next day. But, the longer the pop rocks are exposed to air, the less likely they are to pop in your mouth. So, fresh is best.