Monday, November 21, 2011

Almond Joy Truffle Pops! Coconut and Almonds covered in Milk Chocolate! Yummy!

 
clip_image002

I love Almond Joys, but I’m not a fan of the whole almonds on top. I like the almonds to be mixed in the coconut. So, I made my own version and I put them on a stick …because that is what I do!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For the Coconut Almond Truffle Filling:
· 1 bag of Sweetened Flaked Coconut (14 ounces)
· ¼ cup Butter Softened (not melted)
· 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
· ½ cup of chopped Almonds
· ½ teaspoon of Almond Extract
· 2 ½ - 3 cups of Powdered Sugar

Steps :
1) Mix the first 5 ingredients together. Make sure they are well mixed.
2) Add ½ cup of Powdered Sugar at a time and mix well. You want the mixture to be a little moist but able to roll in a ball without sticking too much to your hands. So, you may have to add up to 3 cups of powdered sugar.
3) Roll into ball and place on a Silpat or wax paper and place in the fridge to firm up for the pops.

clip_image005

For the Truffle Pops:
· 16 oz of Milk Chocolate Candy Wafers
· 24 sticks (it depends on how big you roll for truffles. I did mine a little over an inch wide.)
· A little bit of White Chocolate
· ¼ of chopped Almonds ( Make these super chopped!)

Steps:
1) Melt the Milk Chocolate according to the package instructions or follow my steps here.
2) Retrieve the coconut balls from the fridge. Dip a tip of each stick into the chocolate and insert half way into the ball.

clip_image007

3) Allow the chocolate to set. It should take a few seconds.
4) Time to Dip! Dip the balls into the chocolate. DO NOT STIR! Try to cover the whole ball in one dipping. Tap off the excess by gently tapping the stick against your wrist or the edge of the bowl. Place in the drying rack (or a block of Styrofoam).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

5) After the chocolate has set, time to decorate! I melted ½ of White Chocolate; I then poured it into a sandwich bag. I cut the very tip of the corner of the bag off. I then squeezed the baggie back and forth over the pop and I sprinkled the top with the Almond bits.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I hope you love these as much as I do!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment