Like the toddler on top of the coffee table in the background?!?
I love peppermint bark (layers of chocolate, white chocolate and crushed peppermint). But, I wanted to try something different and on a stick. I think they turned out pretty cute!
The filling: Chocolate Peppermint Ganache:
· 6 oz of Milk Chocolate Chips
· 6 oz of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
· 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
· ¼ teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
· ¾ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
· 3 candy canes (crushed into tiny pieces)
Steps for the Peppermint Ganache:
1) Place the chocolate chips in a 2 quart saucepan over low to medium low heat. Stir the chocolate chips until melted. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan so none of the chocolate burns.
2) Remove from the heat and stir in the heavy cream and extracts (I use a whisk to make the mixture smooth).
3) Add the crushed candy canes to the mixture and stir to combine.
4) Pour the mixture into a storage container and store in the fridge.
What you need to make the Peppermint Bark Truffle Pops:
· Peppermint Ganache
· About 25 Lollipop Sticks
· Silpat or Wax Paper
· 16 oz of White Chocolate Candy Melts
· Paramount Crystals (or a teaspoon of Shortening)
· Drying Rack for Pops
· 5 Candy Canes (crushed into tiny pieces)
Steps to Make the Pops:
1) Roll the Peppermint Ganache into 1 inch balls. Place on a Silpat or Wax Paper.
2) Melt the White Chocolate with a teaspoon of Paramount Crystals (or a teaspoon of Shortening) by following the instructions on the package or my instructions found here.
3) Dip the end of the Lollipop stick into the chocolate and insert into each ball (only half way).
4) Time to Dip! Dip the balls into the white chocolate. DO NOT STIR! Try to cover the whole ball in one dipping. Tap off the excess by gently tapping the stick against your wrist or the edge of the bowl. Place in the drying rack (or a block of Styrofoam).
5) Once all of the pops are dry, make sure the chocolate in the dipping bowl is still melted. If it has started to harden, place back in the microwave at 50% power for 10 second intervals. Dip the pops again so you get a truly white covering. Once you dip each one, sprinkle or dip the top of the pop into the crushed candy canes.