Monday, November 28, 2011
Peppermint Bark shaped like Christmas Trees! Just use a Silicone Tree Shaped Ice Cube tray!
I love peppermint and I love peppermint bark. But, I’m not a fan of the look of the traditional recipe. So, I was shopping at the dollar store and found Christmas tree shaped Ice cube trays. And I thought I could use those for candy making! And I did!
What you will need:
· 16 ounces of Dark Chocolate (my favorite) or Semi Sweet Chocolate. I used Candy Melts, but you could use chips or bark.
· 16 ounces of White Chocolate. Again, I used Candy Melts, but chips and bark work.
· 8 crushed Candy Canes.
· Silicone Ice Cube trays. They have all shapes. Find one you like!
· 2 Plastic Sandwich bags
1) Melt your Dark or Semi Sweet Chocolate. Don’t know how? Check out this post on tempering chocolate.
2) Pour the chocolate into a sandwich bag and snip the corner of the bag. Pour about half a tablespoon of chocolate into each mold. Tap the mold on the counter to get the chocolate level and get all the air bubbles out. Allow the chocolate to set.
3) Melt your White Chocolate.
4) Pour the chocolate into a sandwich bag and snip the corner of the bag. Pour about half a tablespoon of chocolate into each mold. Tap the mold on the counter to get the chocolate level and get all the air bubbles out. Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle the top of each mold with crushed Candy Cane.
5) Once all the chocolate has set, just pop the candy out of the mold and you have cute Peppermint trees!
***Want even more peppermint flavor? Use a little Peppermint Candy Flavoring. Do not use an extract like you use in baking. It has to been made for candy. Most craft stores carry them in the candy section.***